Samstag, 2. Juni 2018

Inner Peace and back home


There was a lot of commotion next morning in the school. Noises and cheerful laughter could be heard from outside. Meanwhile in lour classroom some sat on their sleeping bags, reading their Bibles. Others arranged their personal affairs or had a small breakfast.
     Mike came up to me, "Morning, Heiner! Did you sleep well?” I nodded and said, “Hello,Mike! Yes, everything was fine. No further attack! Thanks for your help!”

He changed the theme, ”Uli and me are going to Jesushouse now for breakfast. You can come with us, if you like!" I thought it over for a moment, then I answered, "No,thanks, but I would like to have some time for myself."
    "Okay", he said, "I understand. But Jesushouse will be open all day. So, you can go there later. It is a good place where you will be among other Christains, who can help you if necessary."
     “You will not be there?" I asked. "No, Uli and me will be in town for mission! So we shall meet again tonight here in school, if you like."Okay ", I said, "I will be here
                                                                                         
 The next two days I spent most of my time in the Jesus-house. Everything was new and exciting for me. Many extraordinary things happened in that time. One of them was the encounter with Thomas.
     On the afternoon of the second day I had sat down in a corner of the tea-room to relax. I had closed my eyes for a while, when suddenly someone touched my arm.
    I opened my eyes and saw a young, slim man standing in front of me. “Hello”, he said with a smile, “I`m Thomas, the doorkeeper from yesterday, who let you in.” Now I recognized him and I smiled back, “Yes, I remember! Please, sit down!” I offered him a place beside me.
   Thomas sat down and said: “You have become a Christian, I have heard!” “Yes, indeed, but who told you?” He laughed: “Well, that´s not a secret in Jesus-house! I have heard it several times! But I didn`t know the person to the story. Now, someone showed me you sitting here!”

The next half hour I told him my story with all the esoteric and occult things, the announcement of Jürgen`s death and my convertion. “By the way,” I said,” thank you very much that you have let me into Jesushouse. I don`t know what would have happened if you wouldn`t have done so!”
    Suddenly he became very serious. “Yes,” he said,” this was a strange thing. Ten minutes before you came I suddenly got a strong inner impuls to replace one of the doorkeepers on duty. I felt that this impuls came from God, and I was obedient.”
    I looked ar him with surprise. “Yes,” he said,”and then you came. We had strict orders to let no one in. And normally we wouldn`t have let you in, although you were very obstinant! But suddenly I had again that strong impuls. An inner voice said to me: Let him in! And so I did.”
    “So, God gave you the order to let me in?” I asked amazed. “Yes”, he said, “and you can be sure that the doorkeeper, whom I have replaced, wouldn`t have let you in!” He laughed: “Obviously your time had come and God was decided to save you!”
I was really touched. “Wow, that`s called God`s grace, I think!?” “Yes!” ,he said, “ have you already confessed your sins?” Again I looked with surprise at him: “Confessed my sins? I have prayed with Mike and Uli.”
    “Well, that`s not enough!”, he said, “ you should speak with the pastor of Jesus-house. He is just now in his bureau. If you like, I ask him for a meeting.”
    I was not really convinced, but I said: “Okay, if you think that this is necessary, please ask him.” And so Thomas left me to ask the pastor.
                                                    
Ten minutes later I was sitting in the pastor`s bureau. The pastor, two elder and Thomas listened to my story. When I had finished, the pastor said: “Well, Heiner, you have done evil things. Astrology, Tarot and Spiritism are really great sins in God`s eyes.” He read a bible vers according to this theme.
    “So, you are here to confess these things. Right?”, he continued. “Yes, for sure!”, I answered. “Then let us pray,” he said.
     And so I confessed my esoteric and occult sins in a prayer, and then the pastor and three others prayed for me, with their hands on my head and shoulders. A deep warmth streamed through my body. Finally the Pastor said. “And so we speak out God`s forgiveness above you, Heiner! Amen!”
  All four smiled and hugged me, and I felt as if a big burden had been taken from my shoulders. I felt so light and peaceful as never before in my life. “Thank you all for your help,” I said and then I left with Thomas the Pastor`s bureau.
                                                    

The Church days passed and on Sunday the school was no longer a sleeping place for me. All had to go back to their hometowns and it was time to say good bye to Mike and Uli.
     I thanked them heartily for all that they had done for me and they gave me some last good advice and wishes for my future. "Keep faith in God and stay close to Jesushouse," Mike said, "the people there can help you to grow in faith!" Last handshakes and embraces, then I left the school.
    On the way to my bicycle I suddenly felt exhausted and lonesome. But what a wonderful time laid behind me. Everything had changed. Three days ago I had been in big trouble and now I was a Christian!

Soon after midday I arrived at my flat. I felt a little bit uneasy, but then I walked in decisively. Everything seemed to be normal. I relaxed and threw my sleeping bag into a corner. "Time for a nap." I thought and laid down on the sofa.
     Within two minutes, the doorbell suddenly rang. "Who is that?" I asked myself with amazement. But then I stood up, went over and used the buzzer. Some moments later I opened the door.
In front of me stood Jürgen, smiling and saying, "Hello!" "Hello," I said with an inviting gesture, "come in! There is much good news!"
                                      
End

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen