Samstag, 2. Juni 2018

An unbelievable Experience


In the ensuing weeks, I read through the book Mike had given me, bought new study materials from the bookstore, and forged ahead with my esoteric studies. Also I went on visiting Mike, who was always pleased to see me and give me some advice.
   At one point I felt confident enough to began practicing with tarot cards. I pressed on in my search, looking finally at my personal horoscope created by an astrologer.
    As my knowledge increased, I started telling others proudly and enthusiastically about my new discovery, trying to convince them of its truth. One can see that by now I had already become a believer and a convinced follower of the esoteric path.
   Could I have foreseen that these pursuits would lead me to an existential crisis, I would have stopped it immediately. But you are no doubt familiar with the wise words:
"You go forward not knowing the outcome. Only afterwards, when looking back, you will know and understand."
 
The winter of 1985 passed quickly, followed by a springtime of surprising developments. One day in April, having nothing special to do, I decided to ride my bicycle over to visit a young couple named Peter and Elke who lived on the other side of town.
    I had known them from a chess tournament the year before. They had already asked me three times to visit them in their flat, but I hadn`t much desire and didn`t go. Also this time I didn’t expect too much from it, just perhaps a pleasant time with a nice couple.
  
Although arriving at their home surprisingly, they gave me a warm welcome. Over the next several hours, we had a good time eating, drinking, and conversing about the many things of life. I hadn´t planned any long discourse on my recent esoteric interests and experiences, but after a while I found myself speaking enthusiastically about these things.
    Both listened with interest, but their reactions were different. Peter seemed to be quite sceptical and didn’t try to hide it. But maybe he was polite about it and didn’t wish to be confrontational, he just let it rest without comment.
    On the other hand, Elke smiled at me conspiratorially and said, "Very interesting! Later, I will show you something--something that will be of great interest to you.” Now Peter grinned meaningfully and said, "You will be surprised!" Then we changed the subject.
 
At eleven o’clock Peter went to bed because he had to get up early in the morning to go to work. Elke and me stayed up. She was a student like me and could sleep late in the morning. And I had been invited to sleep on the sofa in the livingroom that night. So the late hour was of no concern to me. 
    Elke brought some plates and glasses into the kitchen. When she returned, she smiled at me. And I smiled back. We both knew that now the time had come for Elke`s demonstration.
    Five minutes later we were sitting side by side at a big table. In front of us a big sheet of paper (39 inches square) was fixed squarely to the table. A little mini-table was placed on top of the paper. It had a small pencil attached touching the paper.
    I stared at it with a feigned sense of detachment, but inside, I was consumed with excitement. What will happen now?
 
In the space of just one hour, I had had an experience that deeply changed my view of life. Up until that evening, my life had only taken place in the normal three dimensions. But now, Elke and I had crossed an invisible boundary. And I had become witness and part of a contact with another dimension.What had happened?
    Sitting side by side Elke had asked me: "Could you imagine that it would be possible to get in contact with a dead person?" I had raised my brows, "You believe that it is possible?" She smiled and said enthusiastically, "Yes, it is! I have already been in contact with my dead uncle several times."
    I was totally astonished. "But how can this be possible?" I asked curiously. "Well, if you agree I will show you? Do you agree!?" I nodded, "Yes, show me!" She smiled at me. "I will call him now! If he is there he will answer through this mini-table." Now she touched it and explained, "It will move, and the pencil will write uncle’s answer on the paper."
I became very quiet and then I said, "Does Peter know that you do this?" She grinned, "Yes, he knows. But he does not like it. I always do it alone. So come on, there is no danger to you! You sit and only watch". I said, “Okay! Let’s go!"
   So she called the name of her uncle three or four times and asked each time, "Uncle, are you there? Please answer!" And suddenly the mini-table started to move. Elke cheered, "Ah, there he is. You see, you see? The mini-table is moving!"
   Indeed, it really moved! For an hour I was the witness to a chat between Elke and her "uncle". She asked questions and totally understandable answers were written on that big sheet of paper by the table pencil, steered by an invisible power. I was totally fascinated!
 
Suddenly, I heard Elke joyfully saying, "Come on, Heiner. Now it is your turn. Ask him a question!"  I was slightly shocked and hesitated for a moment. When I had recovered, I said, "But I don’t know him!"
    Elke didn’t accept that argument. “Uncle, can Heiner ask you a question?” On the sheet of paper appeared the word “Yes!” And after some more encouraging words from her I gave myself a push and asked a question in the room.  The table started writing immediately. And it was a good and logical answer. "You see?" said Elke with a triumphant smile," he has answered you!"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen